- Account number and password needed to login
- New users need an Access Code to create account
- Online password recovery assistance is available
Nobody likes the idea of turning off a phone to avoid calls or hiding under the couch every time the door bell rings in fear of a debt collector. Those who have received a letter directing them to the CBCS Payments page shouldn’t have to worry about resorting to these extreme measures thanks to the easy online payment process that can be used to eliminate the debt once and for all. Returning users who require access to an account can login and make a payment by entering an account number and password into the appropriate fields. New users who are just getting started can create a new account by entering the Access Code found on the front of the letter they received (should be located inside the rectangular box just above the tear off coupon). Those who have lost or forgotten a password can begin the retrieval process by clicking the Forgot Password link posted at the upper left hand side of the CBCS Payments page.
Can’t wait to get started….what else should I know??
- The Access Code is numeric and should be entered in the format shown on the letter (periods included)
- Once the Access Code has been entered at the CBCS Payments page further instructions will be provided
- Those concerned about privacy issues can review the Privacy Statement (link posted at the top of the page)
After clicking the Forgot Password link an account number must be entered before hitting the Continue button to proceed with the password recovery process. Consumers should note that any information obtained at the CBCS Payments page will be used only for the purpose of collecting a debt. Those who need to contact CBCS can try calling the number shown on the front of the letter they received.
CBCS Consumer Assistance
- PO Box 1810, Columbus, OH 43215
- Phone – 855-202-0113
- Fax – 866-291-7413