Capital One Credit Line Offer
- Capital One Bank customers can request a line of credit increase
- Users can also sign in to access deposit account, installment loan, or auto loan information
- The website/service is operated by Capital One Financial Corporation – 1680 Capital One Drive, McLean, VA 22102 – 703-720-1000
A Capital One Credit Line increase will be based on a variety of factors to include account status and how often on time payments are made, how much the customer uses their existing credit line, and credit bureau information such as credit score. Please note that it is unlikely for Capital One to approve a credit line increase request if the customer has made a late payment in the last 6 months and fails to pay a large portion of their balance each month. Information pulled from the credit bureau include the amount of debt carried by the consumer, the consumers credit score and the number of times a request has been reported by the credit bureau.
Other Credit Line Offer Notes
- Capital One customers can also request an increase by calling 1-800-955-7070
- Some Capital One credit cards (such as Secured Cards accounts) are not eligible to make credit line increase
- A credit line increase should not affect the customer’s credit score regardless if they are approved or denied
- Annual income information will requested from the card holder
- Many credit line increase decisions will be made immediately while others will take up to 10 days for the customer to receive a letter by mail
Capital One card account that are under 6 months old and have received a credit line increase or decrease in the last six months are not likely to be approved for an increase. Personal income is considered all monies received from employment (full and part-time), dividends (stocks and bonds), retirement, and public assistance. Applicants over 21 years of age are allowed to include monthly expenses paid by someone else (father, mother, grandpa) as income. If approved Capital One will provide the MAX amount possible to the card customer.